Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is affiliated to CBSE which is located in 2 states and 7 Union Territories. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya provides co-education to eligible students from class VI to XII. These schools are fully residential that offers the best infrastructure to the students. It provides a great opportunity for those students who want good Navodaya Vidyalaya Coaching in Dehradun and do not get financial help for their studies. The education in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is free including boarding, uniforms, books & notebooks, etc. The students get all these facilities just by paying Rs. 600/- every month for the students of class IX to XII only. Whereas, in case of the children of Govt. employees who are eligible for children allowance they must have pay Rs. 1500/- every month. However, the children who belong to SC/ST, female, PH categories & from a family of BPL will be exempted from the application fee.
The candidates interested to get admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya must have qualified for the entrance exam conducted every year. The students have to work really hard to through with the entrance exam. For this, you can join a good coaching institute near you. Doon Sainik School is one of the best options to join Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya coaching in Dehradun.
Who are eligible to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?
• Eligibility for VI standard
- Only those students are eligible to apply for the 6th standard entrance exam who is from the district where Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened.
- The students appearing for the entrance exam should have to study in the 5th standard for the entire academic session in a Govt./ Govt.-aided, other recognized school or ‘B’ certified Competency courses of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is willing to get admission.
- The students must have between the age group of 9 to 13 years as of the admission year.
- The students who have not been promoted & admitted in the 5th standard before 30th September will not be eligible to apply for the entrance exam of the 6th standard at Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya.
- A student is not allowed to apply for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya entrance exam for the 2nd time in any case.
• Eligibility for IX standard
- The students who have studied in 8th standard in any Govt. recognized a school of the district where Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located.
- The candidates must have between the age group of 13 to 16 years as of 1st May of the admission year. The medium of language for the entrance exam is English/ Hindi.
• Eligibility for XI standard
- The age of the students should be between 14 to 18 years as of 1st July of the admission year.
- The students must have passed a 10th standard exam from a recognized school of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyala is located during the academic session of the academic year.
- The admission authority will prepare the merit list as per the marks obtained in the 10th standard Board exam & the admissions will be provided as per the No. of seats available.
- The students should have reasonable competency in English & Hindi.
Where to get the best coaching for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Dehradun
Well, preparing for Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya you need proper guidelines to appear for the entrance exam. If you are also interested to get admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya then you should search for a good coaching institute. “Doon Sainik School” is a good academy that is known for providing the best Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya coaching in Dehradun. Doon Sainik School provides complete guidance, best study material, syllabus, etc. to the students so that they can perform well in the entrance examination.
Facilities offered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya
Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya comes under one of the best schools in India. Many students wish to get admission in the school to fulfill their dream of getting success in different fields such as Engineering, Medical, teaching, etc. The school offered facilities for a comfortable stay of the students and their peaceful study. The facilities offered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya are-
• The school provides the best quality education that makes the students capable of competing with the world at every stage of life.
• The school also provides boarding facilities to the students.
• The school provides a uniform to the students.
• The school also provides the textbooks & notebooks from its own end.
• The students also get stationery items such as a school bag, pen, pencil, eraser, geometry box, etc.
• The items for daily use are also provided by the school such as bathing 7 washing soap, toothpaste & toothbrush, hair oil, sanitary items, etc.
• Fully equipped computer labs.
• The school also pays the traveling expenses of the students by 3rd AC train or AC buses.
• The school also shares the necessary instructions for fire accidents to ensure the safety of the students.
• Medical expenses are also paid by the school etc.
Extra-curricular activities at Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya
Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya believes in the overall development of a student. That is why it not only focuses on education but also gives importance to different co-curricular activities. The school offered various extracurricular activities such as,
• National games & Sports Meet
• NCC (National Cadet Corps)
• Scout & Guides activities
• Museum Corner
• Gym activities
• Adolescence Education Programme
• Swachhata Abhiyan/ Campaigns
• Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
• Science activities etc.
Examination Pattern for the entrance exam of Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya
• Examination pattern for VI standard entrance exam
Subjects Duration Weightage
Arithmetic 30 minutes 25%
Mental Ability 60 minutes 50%
Reginal Language 30 minutes 25%
• Examination pattern for IX standard entrance exam
Subjects Total Marks Duration
Useful Links – RIMC Coaching in Dehradun